Fanny is an elite swimrunner who lives in Miami and has taken home multiple podiums and wins in the ÖTILLÖ Series as well as open water swimming races. Her greatest achievement so far is becoming ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Champion in 2019 with her swimrun partner Desirée Andersson.
She is an experienced coach and works for sports-tech startup RaceID. You can connect with Fanny here.
Fanny’s Top 5 Tips:
- Don’t do much in terms of training the week before your race, mainly rest! I usually do a 5k run about 5 days before a race, and the days leading up to the race, short and easy swims of around 1000-2000 m. Resting the legs is key for me.
- Make sure you compete in new or nearly new goggles that will not fog. Having a clear view for the swims is crucial so you don’t swim extra distance for bad sighting! To make your goggles less foggy, you can wash them with Yes! Dish soap.
- Take really short and small steps when you run uphill – saves a ton of effort.
- Communicate with your partner. Saying everything that is on your mind – especially letting them know when you are tired or in need of something – this will save a lot of team energy in the long run!
- Remember why you do this, and enjoy the length of the race. Swimrun is not only about winning – don’t miss the amazing journey you get to enjoy with your friend.